Haunted Bay
Haunted Bay Forum Index > General  ~  All-night Halloween/Samhain festival...
bastette_xi
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:55 am  Reply with quote
Little Ghoul

Hello, I am looking for a Halloween festival somewhere in the Bay Area. Something that could be an all night thing, and not just a 5 minute haunted house and a few hot dog booths. If anyone has any suggestions for great Halloween festivals to visit on Oct. 31st, and help is appreciated. <BR>I have checked through the events calender, which I found immensely helpful, however I can not get a feel for how BIG these events are. <BR>Thanks very much!<BR>/Cecile
Specter
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:10 pm  Reply with quote
Administrator

The only things that come close are the San Francisco Halloween and the Castro Halloween celebrations. We haven't recieved word from the city about the details of the their celebration but you can expect a carnival like atmosphere with bands and food booths. The Castro event is a giant street party. Quite possibly the largest such event on the West coast. Both are great fun and last till 2am but aren't solemn events so may or may not be what you are looking for.<P><A HREF="http://www.hauntedbay.com/cgi-bin/events/calendar.pl?selected_datestring=20021031&datestring=20021031&view=Day&view=Event&event_id=11" TARGET=_blank>Castro Halloween Street Party</A> and some of our pictures are <A HREF="http://www.hauntedbay.com/features/castro2001-1.shtml" TARGET=_blank>here</A>.<p>[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: Specter ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply to topic