Haunted Bay
Haunted Bay Forum Index > General  ~  Halloween in the Castro
Hauntmaster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:32 pm  Reply with quote
Administrator

Tell us what you think about the changes the city has made to the anual Halloween celebration in the Castro District. What are you're opinions? Are they on the right track?

If you haven't read the preview it is here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply to topic
incredulous
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:39 pm  Reply with quote
Little Ghoul

I'm so pissed off about this I can hardly string a sentence together. Exactly, how does Halloween become an event scripted by the Castro politburo? To my mind, the Castro Halloween party has become the most spectacularly successful festivity in San Francisco. What on earth is motivating these people to destroy this party? Castro Halloween without Alcohol? My suspicion is that the vast majority of tonight's party-goers are uninformed about Herr Dufty's power grab. I have been a resident of San Francisco for seven years and this government appropriation of a natural SF happening tops the list of insane overreactions. Vote 'em out.
Hauntmaster
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:56 pm  Reply with quote
Administrator

I couldn't agree with you more!<P>What I find particularly amazing is the mass media response to the changes. It was simply oh, ok, let us print exactly what you want us to. They are printing what is essentially a press release and calling it journalism. Nobody is questioning the decisions made nor even blinking an eye.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply to topic