Half Moon Bay
Great Pumpkin Weigh-Off Rules
- Specimen must be grown, cared for, and entered by the weigh-off contestant.
- Each contestant is limited to one entry per division.
- Specimens that have won prizes in any other weigh-off competitions are not eligible.
- Specimens must be in healthy and undamaged condition, free of rot, holes, and cracks through the cavity, chemical residue, and soft spots.
- To be classified as a pumpkin, specimen must be 75% yellow/orange in color; all others will be classified as squash.
- The vine must be trimmed to one inch from the stem. No foreign material is permitted in the weighing.
- All specimens will be weighed without the use of tarps or other carrying devices.
- In the event of a tie, prize money will be distributed equally among the tied parties.
- Decisions of the judges are final in all cases.